MISSION STATEMENT (2015-2020)
Objectives Of The County Of Carleton Law Association Are To Promote Justice and
Advance The Interests Of Its Members By:
- Advocating to protect and promote the
interests of the legal community
- Providing quality, affordable continuing
professional development programs
- Liaising with the profession, the Judiciary,
government, its legal partners, and the broader community
- Providing guidance and leadership in the
challenges facing the profession
- Providing access to quality legal research
and library services
collegiality among its members
- The renovated CCLA facility will meet
tomorrow’s standards for aesthetics, professionalism, efficiency, green
footprint and functionality in accordance with legal requirements. The Learning
Centre will provide state of the art legal information and resources, learning,
and reference services to the legal profession.
- The CCLA will have a diversified, secure, and
stable financial framework.
- The CCLA will enhance its advocacy capacity
to achieve critical initiatives on behalf of its members.
- The CCLA will leverage technology to improve
- The CCLA’s Membership base will be made up of
the entire legal community within Eastern Ontario and will have a higher
profile in the broader legal and civic communities.
- The CCLA’s networking activities and
continuing professional development events will be considered ‘must-do’ and
‘must-attend’ by a wider and more diverse cross-section of the legal community.
- The CCLA will enhance its bilingual capacity.